A picture of these yummy bars popped up on my FB feed the other day, so when it came time to find a recipe for my husbands potluck lunch, I knew this was what I wanted to make. I had made these once before, but it’s been years. I forgot just how delicious they are! The perfect mix of cinnamon sugar and creamy cheesecake filling.
It’s these small things that I love doing for my husband. When he was in the military they had potlucks for everything! I would always make something and then go up to his office for the potluck. I’ve missed making food for him to take into work, I always used it as an opportunity to try new recipes. Back to these yummy treats, they were a huge hit! Seriously you guys have to make these, and not only are they yummy, they are so quick and easy to make! Unfortunately, I was rushing to get these bars made so I didn’t take pictures during the process.
Here’s the recipe I used:
- 2 (8oz.) packs of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 (8oz.) packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press a can of the crescent rolls to the bottom of the dish.
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent rolls.
- Place the remaining crescent roll over the top and stretch to the edges.
- Brush across the entire top of the crescent roll with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/2C cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 25- 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool ( I placed mine in the fridge overnight so the cheesecake filling would thicken)
- Slice into bars and serve.
If you try these, let me know what you think 🙂